- "So I was out in the never-never, trying to rustle up a few of them big chooks for breakfast, when I ran into... ... the Ridgy-Didge."
- — Bogan
Bogan, or more commonly referred to as Big Game Hunter, is a Big Game Hunter who makes his living either through selling animals, killing animals, capturing animals, or selling parts of animals like a Sandworm's . He lives in his own dwelling, Bogan's House, which is regularly attacked and raided by wild animals.
Bogan was introduced during the Big Game Hunter promo, helping the player eliminate some pesky sandworms off the player's Outpost. He later reappears in the 2.9 Patch, asking the Outpost for help because a group of semi-intelligent sandworms are attacking him coordinately.
Bogan's early history is unknown to the player.
When Bogan reappears in the 2.9 Patch, he is being chased by a group of sandworms. He runs to the Outpost for help, but in the process leads his sandworm pursuers to the Outpost where they are killed off by the player's army. Bogan explains that he believes that the sandworms were chasing him because he captured the "Ridgy-Didge", describing his newly captured sandworm as the biggest, nastiest, and toothiest sandworm he had ever seen. Floyd's curiosity about the "Ridgy-Didge" and Lt. Morgan's greed for profit, upon hearing how much teeth the Ridgy-Didge possessed, are piqued, and a series of missions to hunt high-level sandworms ensues.
During these missions, Bogan participates in numerous battles, with the Big Game Hunter unit representing him. Bogan's Big Game Hunter unit shares rank and with any other Big Game Hunters the player has trained.
- Bogan is the first character whose first and last names are both known. Early in his dialogue, he states that "Mr. Hunter is my old man's name," implying that his own last name is Hunter as well.
- According to the way his dialogue is scripted, it appears that he speaks in an Australian accent.
- Although Bogan is a unique character, like Cassidy or Chuck, his text bubble name is still "Big Game Hunter".
- Bogan is an Australian and New Zealand slang word that is used to describe someone with a low-working class background.
- He is possibly based off of Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter.