|Player Level Req.||Level 34|
|Building Required||Barracks level 7|
- "This soldier loves to see things explode, especially the enemy! His Radio Controlled, Anti-Vehicle Mines allow him to target vehicles at any range."
- — 1.4 Patch Notes
The Demolitionist is an interesting unit trained at the Barracks. The Demolitionist is equipped with high damage mines, can target any unit on the battlefield due to its Range 1-5 and Indirect line of fire, and can attack every turn because of its zero cooldown.
While the mines can target any unit, as the attack's name implies, the Anti-Vehicle Mine is best utilized against Vehicles. Support vehicles tend to have low defense and health, which make them ideal targets for the Demolitionist who can potentially wipe them out with a single attack. When used against agile infantry, these mines are more likely to inflict deflection damage.
The 50% Armor Piercing quality might seem like an ideal answer to heavily armored units, like Tanks, but the damage output is still too low and the Demolitionist lacks any additional bonuses against these unit types. The Demolitionist would have to devote 2 or 3 consecutive rounds of attacking a single tank unit.
In PvP battles, the Demolitionist ability to target any unit with its high damage yield combined with its low Unit Value may surprise some low-points opponents.
The Demolitionist is the predecessor of the Saboteur. Before the Saboteur became a permanent training option at the Barracks, the Demolitionist was touted as the "weaker", non-nanopod version of the Saboteur available to players who missed the limited time offer of the Saboteur. The Demolitionist underwent significant changes in 1.5 Patch, putting this unit on par, if not better, than the Saboteur.
In the 4.1 Patch, the Demolitionist changed its nickname to Demo'ist.
|Time||3h||3h||3h||3h||3h||2h 42m||2h 24m||2h 6m||1h 48m||1h 12m|
- Nickname changed from Demolitionist to Demo'ist
- Promotion requirements reduced to 1.4 Patch values.
- Radio Controlled Mines
- Can target any unit, from targeting only vehicles, tanks and defenses.
- Damage increased.
- Contact Fire changed to Indirect Fire.
- 50% Armor Piercing added.
- Offense slightly reduced.
- Promotion costs and requirements increased.
- Unit added.