|Player Level Req.||Level 21|
|Building Required||Vehicle Factory level 4|
|Other Requirements||Rocket Factory|
- "Do you feel the storm that’s brewin’? As its name indicates, this unit hails a squall of beat down on the enemy. Light Rockets deliver a triple strike on units at any distance..."
- — 1.4 Patch Notes
The Hailstorm is an artillery unit with a one-shot attack that affects a large area. It shares a similar attack to the Hornet, an infantry unit introduced in the same patch.
Although it can only fire once before its long reload time, it dishes out much more damage. Its rockets will strike the entire highlighted 3x3 area, but the damage is reduced significantly in the spaces surrounding the targeted center space, sometimes missing completely. The rockets appear to behave in a manner that they hit the target square and the two adjacent squares beside it in the same row. The rockets are pretty effective against targets who are close together, or for hitting anything hiding in the rear rows. Given its somewhat random nature, avoid using this on any spread-out formations or formations that form a line.
Whilst there are vehicles available that have triple strike abilities that work in the same manner as the Hailstorm, they usually require Nanopods to build, as well as extra Nanopods to buy the attacks. This makes the Hailstorm a worthwhile investment for lower level players short on Nanopods.
- It appears to be based on the Soviet Katyusha rocket launcher according to its appearance and also as suggested by the name of its image file. Also, the real Katyusha is known as an inaccurate way of saturating a large area with massive amounts of Rockets, but took longer than conventional artillery to reload. This too seems remarkably similar to the Hailstorm.
- Despite no visible reloading mechanism is seen, the hailstorm always has it's three missiles reloaded after a shot.
- Player level requirement reduced to 20, from 21.
- Non-gold resources are no longer rewarded for defeating this unit.
- Unit added.