|Short Name||Lt Tank|
|Player Level Req.||Level 29|
|Building Required||Vehicle Factory level 2|
|Other Requirements|| Armor Shop|
The Light Tank is a step up from the Mini Tank, boasting a total combined HP of 215 (125 , 90 ), and comes armed with a Tank Gun. At Rank 5, the Light Tank can also research and equip a machine gun attack, Auto-Fire, to deal with higher Defense targets where the tank gun tends to have more problems against. Alongside the Puma, it is the first true, frontline "blocking" unit available to the player (the Mortar Truck functions poorly in the front).
Outside of PvP, the Light Tank's health and armor serves well against Raiders and Critters invasions, except for the occasional Sandworm or Armored Mammoth appearances at higher levels, or when the stronger, higher-level Tanks become available for training.
Compared to the fast Puma, it sacrifices defense and dodge for more HP and Armor. Also, at early levels, the 25 points of difference translates into effectively 100 , so the Light Tank is a bit hardier, whereas the Puma relies on its higher Defense to avoid damage instead.
The Puma also lacks the Auto-Fire attack to deal with more evasive targets, but the attack is negligible since it's unlocked at such a high rank. The damage output of these two tanks are effectively the same, so it is player's preference as to which to construct and field.
- The Light Tank appears to be based off the Renault FT, a French light tank during the WWI-era. It was the first tank that used a modern layout and fully-rotating turret. The design was used, upgraded and copied extensively after World War I, becoming the first tank for many armed forces, including the US, Brazil, Russia and Japan.
- Its chassis is used in the Lightning Tank and Lt. Chem Tank.
- A turretless hull is seen in the Advanced Repair Bay.
- Its side profile is used on the "Raid" button.
- Weapon upgrade option, Auto-Fire, added.