|Player Level Req.||Level 27|
|Building Required||Vehicle Factory level 5|
|Other Requirements|| Armor Shop|
- "This wheeled tank is really speedy and therefore harder to hit. It’s short to mid range and requires direct line of fire, but also carries a Light Tank Gun with an infinite supply of ammo for delivering infinite amounts of pain! "
- — IKKI, per the 1.5 Patch notes
The Puma is the second tank-type unit available to the player, after the Mini Tank. Its wheeled nature accounts for an relatively high Defense. This unit also boasts far more and than the Mini Tank and more importantly, is able to shield units due to its Blocking type. The Puma is perhaps the first true "tank" unit available to players, holding the front line longer than any other unit available at early levels due to its armored nature.
The Puma is similar in strength to the Light Tank. It sacrifices and for more Defense, as befitting its "wheeled" nature. However, the Light Tank can research the ability Machine gun at Rank 5, allowing a more accurate attack. Also the Puma is unique in that its damage does NOT increase from Rank 5 to Rank 6.
- It appears to be based on the World War II era German vehicle of the same name: The SdKfz 234 Puma.
- This is the only standard tank unit to not have treads.
- It seems to be based on the Alvis Saracen armored car.
- Unit Value reduced: Rank 1: 14→12, Rank 2: 16→14, Rank 3: 19→17, Rank 4: 21→19, Rank 5: 23→21
- Promotion and costs reduced, in addition to global reduction.
- Level requirement reduced from 27 to 24. (But the Armor Shop required to build it still doesn't become available until level 27)
- Unit added.
|Light Tank Gun||