|Player Level Req.||Level 31|
|Building Required||Vehicle Factory level 7|
|Other Requirements||Armor Shop|
- "Slow and heavily armored, the Tempest was originally designed as a mobile anti-aircraft battery. But Raiders don’t use many aircraft, and the Tempest’s four massive machine-gun barrels can be aimed at ground targets just as effectively. When you need to lay down a ridiculous quantity of lead, the Tempest should be your go-to vehicle."
- — 1.2 Patch Notes
The Tempest is a heavy vehicle which is available after Level 31. It is essentially a stronger, vehicle version of the Heavy Gunner. Its damage type means it is most effective against infantry groups, but is less effective against armored targets such as Heavy Tanks. The Tempest has a much higher repair cost than the Heavy Gunner, but this is offset by its higher damage and durability, though a Demolitionist can still kill either in 2 shots at the same Rank.
Tempests tend to be very useful in handling the errant Raider attacks, as they are proficient at handling the abundance of unarmored raider units. The player should be cautious when introducing them to Player-versus-Player matches, as they are less likely to be useful against hardened targets like Riot Troopers or other Tanks. Tempests will also mincemeat wholly unarmored formations of boars and raptors found in the Boar Badlands and Raptor Nest respectively. However, at higher levels, some support units will be necessary.
Unfortunately, once players have reached higher levels, this vehicle is rather outshone by the premium Basilisk. The Tempest's damage may be multiplied by four, but it is still not sufficient to even scratch higher level silver wolves and raider infantry, which means the player must spend to acquire a similar unit; the Basilisk.A Rank 6 Tempest does less damage than a Rank 1 Basilisk. Apparently Z2 Live thought the unit was too strong so they have nerfed it by quite a large margin.
- There is a canon conflict regarding the Tempest's creator. In-game, it is said that Zoey invented the tank, just before the Empire fell. Whereas in the release description, it is said that this was used by the Empire as an anti-aircraft unit.
- This unit may be vaguely based on the German Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind and Flakpanzer Gepard, the Chinese Type 95 Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Artillery or the Italian SIDAM 25, all of which are anti-aircraft tanks.
- Despite being mentioned as an anti-aircraft battery in the patch notes, ironically, in the game itself it cannot target air units.
- Unit Value reduced: Rank 1: 15→14, Rank 2: 18→17, Rank 3: 20→19, Rank 4: 22→21, Rank 5: 24→23
|Quad Machine Guns||